Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Evening Readings with Easton

I have to laugh that my first book review post will be a book written for children but hey, it's a book. Every evening Easton and I climb into his bed to read a couple of books. Because he could read his whole library of books (which is large) and it would take hours to do so I limit him to just two books that I choose (isn't it great being a parent). Plus every 3 weeks we go to the library to find new books to read for three weeks. I'll admit that getting 5 books at the library and reading them every evening for 3 weeks gets a little old but I do it out of love for Easton and for reading. It's my time to be with Easton and I wouldn't change that or anything.



Back to the review. Several weeks ago we borrowed the book called The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Alex Sheffler. It's a fantastic journey through the deep dark wood with a little mouse. Along his journey he encounters several animals wanting to eat him. He scares them away by describing a dark, fearsome creature called the Gruffalo, which he of course made up. Eventually the mouse runs into a Gruffalo and again fools the Gruffalo into thinking he, the mouse, is the scariest creature in the deep dark wood.



This is a wonderful book with rhymes that just work. It'll make you laugh as you read the story. And if you enjoyed this one then I also recommend another one of hers called Charlie Cook's Favourite Book.



Thanks for reading. Please leave comments on your favorite children's book. Easton loves new books to read.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked that book as well. It was fast moving and cute!

    ReplyDelete